Is your Joomla! site having database problems?
You have common general articles that you can use to different sites?
You build a new site but you want to move your already registered users from another site?
Or just want to migrate from Joomla! 2.5 to 3.x?
Use this tool to transfer items between two different Joomla! sites, or duplicate items within your live site. This is a 'mass' copy/paste tool necessary for ALL Joomla! administrators.
|Compatibility||4 3 2.5|
What is SP Transfer?
In the late release of Joomla! 1.5 when you wanted to transfer items to a different Joomla database, just an export/import of the required database tables would do the job. With the new Joomla! 1.6, 1.7, 2.5, 3.x and above, this is no longer possible. The database is now more complicated and advance, and a plain export/import will not bring the data you want.
SP Transfer is a tool that is able to transfer various items between Joomla! databases, or even duplicate items within the same Joomla! database. It indeed simulate a 'mass' copy/paste functionality but on the Joomla! database items. It can transfer all items of a kind, or selected by their ids.
It can transfer:
- All or selected core Joomla! items with necessary conversions (e.g. assets table),
- All or selected records from any table,
- All or selected folders/files from the source site.
What you can transfer
With SP Transfer you can transfer everything. There are three different views that you can use:
- Core View - Where you can transfer all the core Joomla! data.
- Database View - Where you can transfer any table from the source database. Useful for copying the non-core extensions data.
- Files View - Where you can transfer any file, or folder from the source site via FTP. Most common use is for transferring the images, or any other media files, documents etc.
The Core View support the follow extensions:
|Users -> Groups||Groups of the users.|
|Users -> Access Levels||View Levels that control access.|
|Tags -> Tags||The tags.|
|Users -> Users||The registered users.|
|Users -> User Note Categories||The categories of the user notes.|
|Users -> User Notes||The User Notes.|
|Content -> Categories||Categories of the Content component.|
|Content -> Articles||Articles of the Content component.|
|Contacts -> Categories||Categories of the Contact component.|
|Contacts -> Contact Details||Details of the Contact component.|
|News Feeds -> Categories||Categories of the Newsfeeds component.|
|News Feeds -> News Feeds||Feeds of the NewsFeeds component.|
|Banners -> Categories||Categories of the Banners component.|
|Banners -> Banner Clients||Clients of the Banners component.|
|Banners -> Banners||The banners of the Banners component.|
|Menus -> Types||The menus types.|
|Menus -> Items||The menu items.|
|Modules -> Modules||The Modules.|
* Note that weblinks are no longer available in Joomla! version 3.4, therefore they have being removed.
What versions are supported
SP Transfer supports transferring between the Joomla! versions as below:
|Source Version||Destination Version|
ATTENTION: Please use SP Upgrade for upgrading below versions:
Who can use?
Actually this component is a must for ALL Joomla! administrators. Below are some of the many scenarios that you might need to use this component:
- You build a new site, and you want to transfer all users, along with their groups and access levels.
- How many times we find our site that need refurnish? All those components we install, most of them we do not even use. We just want to build a new site and bring the content.
- You installed a component that crashed your site and you neglected to backup?
- You just want to duplicate a category with it's articles within your same Joomla?
- You want to upgrade from Joomla! 2.5 to 3.x?
- Or even just copy files via FTP. The transfer is done directly from the source to the destination host, with not any intermediate 'stop' on your computer!!!
Above and unlimited other scenarios might be where you can use SP Transfer. Besides who knows where a copy/paste operation is needed?
How to Use
The usage is very simple. Just input the source database credentials, choose what to transfer and proceed! In case of thousands of items, there is a chance to face a php timeout, or your server memory out. Do not worry. Just try again, and the tool is able to continue from where it hanged.
For a more details read the documentation below.
SP Transfer is able to transfer data between two Joomla! databases. Read how to do it.